2011-11-27

Chriskindlemarkts











This weekend was the first weekend that I went to some Chriskindlemarkts. On Saturday I went to the Chriskindlmarkt in Rosenheim with Magdalena and some friends from school. It was very pretty and festive. We had a look around at all the differnt stalls, and ate some Schmalzgebaeck and drank some Kinderpunsch, which are very traditonal Bavarain things at Christmas time. It was just a pity that it hasn't started snowing yet.
On Sunday I went with my host mum, dad and sister to the Freilichtmuseum Glentleiten Chriskindlemarkt . The day was so beautiful and warm, very uncommon for late November in Germany. The mountain view there is so beautiful and it would of been so much enjoyable if it was snowing but I was glad to have one warm day where I didn't have to wear my winter jacket. There was volks music singing and trumpet playing and we looked in all the old houses, some which dated back 600 years or so. The stalls were also selling so many different foods and drinks, as well as many hand-drafted ornaments and decorations.
All in all it was a very good weekend, as well as a fun introduction to Christmas time in Germany.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen